Thirsty for a vitamin-packed drink full of energy? Then get your hands on Celsius Sparkling Drinks.
I recently consumed a can before one of my workouts and was pleasantly surprised with the energy boost and taste!
But the question we all ask, is it Keto Friendly? Let’s find out.
What are the Ingredients?
How Does Celsius Taste?
Celsius drinks are available in 8 delicious flavors.
- Sparkling Orange
- Sparkling Watermelon
- Sparkling Wild Berry
- Sparkling Grape Rush
- Sparkling Cola
- Sparkling Kiwi Guava
- Non-Carbonated Raspberry Acai
- Non-Carbonated Peach Mango
I purchased the Raspberry Acai flavor from the nearby holiday gas station before my workout. I highly recommend this flavor!
Even with zero grams of sugar, it still had a sugary taste from the added sweetener sucralose.
What are the Benefits of Celsius Sparkling Drinks?
Celsius drinks can benefit someone who is looking to lose weight, burn extra fat, or receive an energy boost prior to fitness activities.
It contains a Proprietary MetaPlus Formula that consists of green tea with EGCG, ginger and guarana seed.
This formula helps your body turn on thermogenesis, a process that boosts your body’s metabolic rate which can help burn body fat and extra calories.
I should also note that these drinks contain Zero sugars, Zero preservatives, no aspartame or artificial flavors. It’s also certified Vegan, Kosher, and non-GMO.
Here is a full breakdown of all the added benefits.
Green Tea Extract
- Helps boost metabolism, which helps you burn more calories and fat. It contains a specific ratio of EGCG, which is a type of catechin that is most abundant in tea. Catechins are natural antioxidants that help prevent cell damage from free radicals.
Guarana Seed Extract
- Provides a natural source of caffeine found in the Amazon Rainforest. Celsius uses Guarana Seeds (Instead of the roots) which contain over twice the amount of caffeine than the average coffee bean. Each can contains 200mg of caffeine.
- Creates a positive effect on the digestive system and aids in the process of thermogenesis.
Additional Ingredients & Benefits
Celsius contains a variety of vitamins and minerals like Vitamin B, Vitamin C, and Chromium.
- Helps your body break down the three main macros, fats, carbs, and protein, and helps metabolize food into energy.
- A strong antioxidant that helps boost the immune system and can protect against cardiovascular disease.
- Plays a key role in reducing hunger and food cravings. Can also help stabilize blood sugar by improving the body’s response to insulin.
When Should I Consume Celsius Sparkling Drinks?
Because of the high amount of caffeine, I recommend only drinking these before a fitness activity, sporting event, or in the morning.
These can be used as a refreshing alternative to coffee or an alternative to those unhealthy sugar-filled energy drinks.
Does Celsius Sparkling Drinks Contain Any Side Effects?
Most side effects will most likely be coming from the added 200 mg of caffeine. Please limit your consumption to two a day, spread throughout the day.
People who are sensitive to caffeine, children, and those pregnant should not consume this beverage.
If it’s your first time trying these, its best to drink half the can to see how well you react.
And if any out of the ordinary symptoms arise, it is best to avoid completely.
Are Celsius Sparkling Drinks Keto Friendly?
Yes! These are Keto-friendly. But make sure to limit yourself to two a day max. The added sweetener “Sucralose” has a minimal effect on your blood sugar levels, which still keeps me in ketosis.
I drink these every once in a while and I’ve always felt clear-headed going into my workout session.
If you’re just starting the keto diet or have been following it for a while now and love fitness, give one of these a try before your next workout and let me know what you think!
Check the current price and reviews below.