Its crazy how many people in the world are suffering from candida overgrowth and they’re not even aware of it. Due to many factors in our daily life, more and more people are developing candida & yeast issues.
Since people are not aware of what candida is, they go from doctor to doctor, pill to pill, never able to find a cure for their debilitating symptoms.
What is Candida?
Candida is a yeast that naturally lives in our stomach to help aid the digestion process. The good bacteria in our stomach helps keep the bad bacteria and yeast in check from overgrowing.
When certain things in life like stress, bad diet, and environmental toxins occur, it can disrupt the good gut bacteria and then you have problems.
When candida gets out of control, it can cause leaky gut and travel to the bloodstream, creating numerous symptoms which can wreak havoc on your health.
Symptoms of Candida Overgrowth
The reason why candida is so hard to diagnose is that of the long list of symptoms it brings. Here are some common candida symptoms:
Vaginal Yeast Infection
Weak Immune System
Fungal infection on Skin and nails
Recurring Yeast infections
A Sore Cough
And so on…
I know a lot of these symptoms can relate to other underlying causes, but Candida should at least be considered as a cause.
What Can Cause Candida Overgrowth?
I’m going to talk about curing candida, but first, what causes it to spiral out of control?
- Diet – The type of foods we eat on a daily basis determine whether we develop an overgrowth of candida. Diets that are high in sugar, carbs, and alcohol tend to be the main culprit.
- Anti-biotics – Medications like anti-biotics when overly used can kill off too much good bacteria in our stomach causing the candida to take over.
- Stress – Chronic Stress can ramp up your cortisol production which can raise your blood sugar levels. Yeast needs sugar to survive which results in feeding it and prolonging the infection.
- Environmental Toxins – People with Candida might not realize the air they breathe in might contain mycotoxins from toxic mold. When I lived in a house with toxic mold, I had extreme candida issues. Once removed from the house, the candida infection slowly over time healed.
How to Cure Candida Naturally And Permanently
In order to cure this horrible infection, start by improving your diet. Eliminate all sugar and processed foods. Instead of eating grains, eat organic fresh vegetables and fruits. Eat fresh meats like 100% grass-fed steak and lean organic chicken. Make sure to drink lots of water which will speed up the detox process.
Remedies for Curing Candida Overgrowth
- Coconut Oil – Unrefined organic coconut oil is the best choice to use. It contains lauric acid, caprylic acid, and capric acid. These fatty acids contain antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral and antimicrobial properties, all of which help strengthen the body’s immune system to fight off the overgrowth.
- Garlic – Probably the most potent antifungal food on the planet. You can eat it raw, cooked, or even take garlic capsules.
- Oregano – A herb used for centuries that has many health benefits. You can use in cooking recipes or take oregano oil capsules to help ward off the overgrowth.
- Pau d’arco – I love Pau D’Arco Tea. Used medicinally for over 1000 years, It contains Lapachol which is known to fight against fungus.
- Licorice Root – Used to treat fungal infections. It comes in oil or capsule form.
You will find many candida cleanse products on the market that you can use for your treatment. This supplement worked best for me.
My Candida Story
During my time of living in apartments and houses, I found myself living in a water-damaged building twice during my life. These buildings were riddled with toxic mold that slowly over time destroyed my gut bacteria and caused candida.
I suffered from the most common candida symptoms like depression, anxiety, and hopelessness. Even with proper diet and supplements, your candida will not completely go away if you are living in a moldy building.
Sadly, most people are not aware that these toxic mold infested buildings can make people ill. After moving out and starting the candida treatment, my infection started to improve and overtime disappeared. If you are suffering from candida, you need to have the dedication and consistency in your treatment to overcome it.
Sticking to the diet is key. It takes time, but do not give up. I thought I would never fully restore my health, but now a little more than three years removed, I’m feeling almost 100%.