Is Vitamin Water Zero keto friendly?
I was recently at the gas station and decided to quench my thirst with Vitamin Water Zero.
I tried the lemonade squeeze flavor and it definitely did the job.
And the taste was quite impressive.
But, is there anything in these drinks that could throw me out of ketosis?
Let’s check out the ingredients and see if you can casually drink these without hurting your keto diet.
What are the Ingredients?
The macros show 5 grams of carbs and zero grams of sugar per bottle.
That is good news for us who maintain a strict keto regimen.
When searching for a keto friendly beverage, you need the carbs and sugar to be low, since high amounts can pull you out of ketosis.
Let’s check out the nutrition label.
These drinks also contain a hefty amount of beneficial vitamins, hence the name “Vitamin” water.
Here is a list of vitamins the lemonade zero contains:
- Vitamin A – Contains Beta-carotene which is an antioxidant, protecting cells from free radicals. It also helps the formation and maintenance of teeth, bones, soft tissue, white blood cells, the immune system, and mucous membranes.
- Vitamin C – Known for the necessary growth, development, and repair of all body tissues. Also boosts the immune system.
- Vitamin E – May prevent coronary heart disease, support immune function, prevent inflammation, promote eye health, and lower the risk of cancer.
- Vitamin B6 – May improve mood and reduce symptoms of depression. Also, may promote brain health and reduce Alzheimer’s risk.
- Calcium – Our bodies need calcium to build and maintain strong bones. Your heart, muscles, and nerves also need calcium to function properly.
- Magnesium – May boost exercise performance and fight depression.
- Pantothenic Acid – Necessary for making blood cells, and it helps you convert the food you eat into energy.
- Zinc – Plays a huge role in wound healing and regulating the immune system.
How Does it Taste?
For having only 5 grams of carbs and zero grams of sugar, the taste doesn’t disappoint.
Vitamin Water Zero contains less than 1% of erythritol and stevia leaf extract for the sweeteners, which will have a small to no effect on your blood sugar.
How Many Flavors Does Vitamin Water Zero Contain?
Vitamin Water Zero contains many flavors, but the 3 most popular are below.
Rise Orange (Great substitute for that morning orange juice!)
These are available in a variety 12 pack sold on Amazon.
Are these Vitamin Water Zeros Keto Friendly?
Sick of drinking plain old water? These Vitamin Water Zeros will come in handy.
My favorite is the squeezed lemonade. After drinking this, my blood sugar levels stayed the same.
I highly recommend these if you’re looking to switch up your daily water for a burst of taste.
Just make sure to drink the “Zero” Vitamin waters and not the sugary ones.
Check out the Amazon reviews and price below.